Exam dates and information
Exam dates and information
GCSE Results Day
GCSE Results will be issued at 10.00am on Thursday 24 August 2017. Staff will remain on hand until 1.00pm for those students unable to attend at 10.00am.
After this, results can be collected from the main reception during normal opening times.
If students are unable to collect their results in person, they may ask another adult to collect them on their behalf. The adult needs to bring a hand written note from the student giving them permission to pick them up.
Please see the Provisional GCSE Exam Timetable for Year 11 Summer 2017 (this may be subject to change as extra exams may be added in).
2016/17 Examinations Handbook. Please download the handbook for key information about sitting exams
The main points:
It is vital that students attend every school session so that they do not miss out on important lessons and exam modules.
- Morning exams will begin at 9.00am. Afternoon exams begin at 1.30pm
- Exams scheduled in the afternoon may sometimes run later than the normal academy day, please check your timetable for details .
- Mobile phones and all other electrical devices must not be brought into the exam rooms under any circumstance. All phones must be stored in lockers, switched off so that they do not disturb others.
- If a mobile phone or other electrical device is seen or heard in an examination staff are obliged to inform examination boards. This can, and has resulted in disqualification from the examination, and sometimes the entire course.
- If you are unable to attend an examination you must contact the academy by 8.15am and inform Student Services of the reason you will not be attending. A doctor’s note or other evidence of your inability to attend must be handed in to Student Services within 24 hours of your absence. This will be reported to the Examination Board. Some exams are set in units and students must complete all units to achieve an overall grade.
- Students must attend all examinations in full school uniform
- Students should arrive with proper equipment for the examination. All exams should be written in black ink only. A ruler, rubber and calculation with no storage facility will also be useful. Only clear pencil cases are allowed in an exam hall.
- If you need any help or further information regarding examinations please contact the Examinations Manager on 0161 795 3005
Exam warning posters for students. Please make sure you are familiar with the notices below from JCQ (the body which oversees examinations regulatiuons).
Certificates will be issued on Presentation Evening in November after students have completed year 11,12 or 13.
Students can obtain exam certificates from the Exams Officer for up to one year after they have left the academy. After this they will have to contact Awarding Bodies to obtain copies by following the links below;