My Ed - our parent/carer app
My Ed - our parent/carer app
All parents and carers that have downloaded the app by 31 October 2017 will be entered into a Prize Draw for a brand new iPad!
Do you need help getting started?
Mr Davies is offering drop-in sessions to help any parents that need it on Friday 20 October between 8.30am - 10.00am and 2.00pm - 4.00pm.
From September 2017 the academy will be communicating with parents and carers through a smart phone app called My Ed.
MY SCHOOL - this section allows you to view information and keep up to date with what’s going on at the academy.
MY STUDENTS allows you to view key information about your child’s school activity (including their timetable, behaviour logs and attendance statistics).
MESSAGING - Send and receive FREE messages to and from the academy via your mobile device.
Download now from the Goole Play or Apple App Stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download the app?
- On your Apple or Android smart phone, find your Play Store or App Store. Search for My Ed and download for free.
- Once installed, search ‘Manchester’ and click on The Co-operative Academy of Manchester. Press SELECT.
- You will then be asked for your name (not your child’s name), your phone number and email address. Press LINK ACCOUNT.
- You will be sent a confirmation code by text. Please enter this code into the app and click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- When your details are confirmed you will have access to the app and our academy information. If you have a child at the academy and the mobile number you have put into the app matches the one on our database, it will connect the information. This can take 24 hours.
- If you have a child starting in September, please wait for them to start school before you see any personalised data.
What kind of phones does the app work on?
The app works on Android and Apple phones. Unfortunately it doesn’t work on Windows phones.
What if I don’t have a smart phone?
We can still text parents who don’t have smart phones and you can access some of your child’s data via your Class Charts account. However, we believe this app is much easier for parents and carers to use.
How do I get the Class Charts and Payments buttons to work?
To use these features you need extra codes which the academy sends to parents/carers of new students.
The Class Charts button shows detailed behaviour reports about your child. To use it, you will need a code from the academy for each child that attends. Then you put in your email address and choose a password.
Payments uses a service called ParentPay. This also requires an activation code for each child you have at the academy.
What is My Ed Scan?
This is a QR Code reader. In the future we may send home letters with a code on it. This will let you respond electronically.
If you require any further help, please contact Mr Davies at the academy. If you can't find the app in the app store, it may be because you are not using the UK app store.