International Women's Day event at The Hive
The Hive will be hosting a wonderful event for International Women's Day on Saturday 10 March 2018, from 10am to 4pm. The FREE event is open to the whole community and will be especially relevant for women who are interested in working or changing careers into the tech sector.
- 11.30am: Carol Sproul will be running a craft workshop and will share her journey from making one off bespoke leather goods to turning her hobby into a business.
- 12.30pm: Rita Corneille from Little Red Original from Blackley set up her own successful online business while home schooling her kids and will be sharing her experience.
- 1.30pm: Paddy Hurst regimental Unit Support Officer at will be sharing the different career paths the army can offer for women.
- 2.30pm: Annie Cunningham will be doing a workshop on social enterprise, online business and marketing.
- We also have a speaker coming from the nuclear industry.
- The Buzz health team will be delivering 2 mindfulness sessions at 12pm and 3pm.
- Loretta Parry, a media make-up artist; will also be coming to do free mini-makeovers.
We also have the Google Garage coming and the first time in Manchester they will be delivering #iamremarkable a workshop developed by Google that encourages women to vocalise their personal and professional achievements.
The timetable for Google is as follows:
10am-11am Stay Safe Online
11:30am-1:30pm First Steps Online
1:30pm-3pm #iamremarkable Workshop
3pm-4pm Social Media Strategy
- We also have lots of activities for kids and loads of prizes.